Friday, September 12, 2008

Taking the Plunge Again

Sorry for my lack of communication the past couple weeks. For anyone following this blog and not the blog for the UN project I'm on, we made it back safe and sound. It was a very good trip but still quite depressing for obvious reasons. We've begun work on the next step in this phase of the project and that's copying our notes down into digital form, transcribing all our interviews, etc.

Classes have also started up again. This semester the classes most related to my major that I am taking are Game Engine I where we're looking at the Torque 3D engine, specifically Torque Game Engine Advanced, and Level Design where we're working in the Unreal 3 Engine. In no other major can I see them having you buy a game for a class.

Well thought I'd update everyone, but unfortunately I'm already behind schedule with all my homework and the projects for the EMC so I'm going to leave you here and get back to work.

PS. Some of you may know that I've traveled abroad before as a Student Ambassador with People to People. I'm working on a comparison post for all of you in the next week to let you know how it compares to my other travels.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'd be really interested to hear how Torque Game Engine is working for you at school. E-mail me with any comments or suggestions to improve the engine, and happy game development!

-Deborah Marshall
GarageGames.com