Friday, September 19, 2008

Missing

Have you ever felt like you were forgetting something constantly. Just something at the edge of your mind waiting for you to remember and then you remember and you feel even worse that you forgot your mother's birthday then when you just knew you missed something? That's what I feel like right now. I'll be thinking to myself that something's missing and then I'll realize what it is. One of the artists in my classes, and on the UNFPA project team has decided that game art and animation is not where she wants to be. So she has left Champlain College and the project. We're all walking around and when we're not sure if someone knows we'll bring it up or at random times we'll just turn to each other and say "that sucks."

I don't think any of us expected people to be leaving the project unless they were graduating. I also don't think any of us were expecting anyone to leave the major now, considering most of us are juniors or older. It came as a surprise and a shock. I remember when she told me she asked if I was ready for some bad news and I said "No!" with the straightest please don't tell me something bad face I could muster. I wasn't expecting what she told me and while I had been joking around with the bad news face it quickly turned into a giant frown and puppy dog eyes, that didn't work.

But she's made up her mind, packed her things, and moved on. All I can do now is smile and be happy for her. I Don't feel like comparing my abroad experiences right now. I'm putting it off until next week.

Goodbye Jaime. I think I speak for all of us when I say


we'll miss you.