Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Greetings from South Africa

So we’ve been in South Africa for a couple days now and the experience and reaction we’re getting from people has been amazing. I think everyone on the trip loves every second that we’re here. The people are nice and friendly and the things we’re learning about making products go viral and how to properly format entertainment-education are invaluable.

The things we learn both about ourselves, the people of South Africa, and how South Africans view games are fascinating to myself. Earlier today I was speaking with some 19 year old South African women and they were shocked to hear that I was still playing video games at my age. They said to Corrin, one of the people on the trip, that they would not want to marry a man who played video games, after she shared that her husband still did.

It’s very interesting to learn all of these things. Not to mention that in the past couple days we’ve pretty much decided on a platform for the project and we’re really starting to nail down some thoughts, at least I believe we are. That isn’t to say we won’t change our minds as we’re still in the conceptual phase, but as time goes on we’re definitely getting a better feel of the country here and definitely, I think, learning how they think and how to talk to them.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Your dad and I are so proud of you and the rest of your team!

So glad that you are enjoying and learning from all your experiences.

Bring home a rock for Donna!