Thursday, August 14, 2008

Declaration of Intentions

That title actually sounds a bit more important and formal than what I'm planning. But I thought up the phrase and now I'm sticking with it.

I am making this blog for the purposes of sharing some things with the world, or more specifically the video gaming world. This blog is to be a relatively formal place to share how I am Growing 'n' Gaming. Meaning that I will be posting here mainly about the things I learn, all though not all of the things I learn that's what notebooks are for, and design and team challenges I face both now and when I enter the industry. This will not be a place for me to vent my "I can't believe she turned me down on that date!" type of thoughts. I have other places for that and will turn to them get those frustrations off of my chest.

As I said this blog is about my growth in the video game industry and also probably as a gamer as well. I am a believer in the fact that we never stop learning and never stop growing so I expect that even many years from now I will be posting here. Rather than go on about this I think I will tell you a little bit about myself and save more information for my later posts.

I am currently a Junior in the Electronic Game Design major at Champlain College in Burlington, VT. Ever since I was in Elementary School I've cared a lot about games and I developed a drive in my heart to make things that other people can enjoy. Those are probably my two strongest driving factors in pursuing my current career path. I am confident that I will become a productive member of the game developer community, but only time will tell.

No comments: